The Colectica Curation Tools are highly extensible via addins. Addins fall into two categories: Actions and Editors. Each type of extension point is described below.
Technical documentation and samples for each type of extension point will be available in the future.
- Create Catalog Record
- Called after a new record is created.
- File Action
- Called when a new file is added to a catalog record.
- Apply Metadata Updates
- Called when the user requests that metadata updates be applied to a file.
- Submit for Curation
- Called after a depositor submits a record for curation.
- Create Persistent Identifiers
- Called during catalog record finalization, to retrieve and set persistent identifiers.
- Create Preservation Formats
- Called during catalog record finalization, to create safe preservation formats from proprietary file formats.
- Finalize Metadata
- Called during catalog record finalization, to create standardized metadata.
- Called during catalog record finalization, to publish information to a dissemination or archival system.
- Catalog Record Editor
- Edit information about a catalog record.
- Managed File Editor
- Edit information about a file (e.g., variables in a data file).