Colectica Portal can be translated to other languages. This functionality can also be used to change the text that is displayed for any reason. For example, your organization may wish to use different words to refer to metadata items (e.g., “Sweeps” instead of “Studies”).
To localize Colectica Portal, complete the following steps.
See https://github.com/Colectica/ColecticaPortal.LocalizationStarter for a project template that includes everything you need to translate Colectica Portal.
The localization project can be edited and built with the free Visual Studio Community Edition.
To translate these resources to a new language:
- Rename the two resource files with the appropriate language. For example, if
you are translating to Danish, you can rename the two files in the Resources
- Edit the text in the resource files with your translations.
- Build the project. This should create a file named
To test your localized resources:
- Create a folder inside your Colectica Portal deployment directory.
The folder should have the same name as your language (e.g.,
- Copy the
bin\Debug\Colectica.Portal.resources.dllfile into this folder.
- Update the
appsettings.jsonwith the code of the language you wish to use.
- Restart the Colectica Portal application in IIS.