If you already have an installation of Colectica Portal and would like to upgrade to a newer version, follow these instructions.
For detailed instructions on first-time installation, see Deployment Guide.
Download and extract the latest
Stop the Colectica Portal IIS site.
Copy the new
ColecticaPortal-versiondirectory over your existing
ColecticaPortaldeployment directory, overwriting the existing files.
Do not delete your existing directory; your existing configuration files will stay in place.
Restart the Colectica Portal IIS site.
Using your browser, test to ensure you have access to the portal.
Upgrading from Releases Earlier than 5.2.5635¶
Starting with version 5.2.5635, the Colectica Portal deployment package uses a simplified folder structure and has some different prerequisites. Follow these steps when upgrading from an earlier version to 5.2.5635 or higher. After upgrading using these steps, subsequent upgrades can be performed using the basic steps above.
- Install the .NET Core Windows Server Hosting Bundle. This can be downloaded from https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=817246
- After installing the bundle, execute
iisresetat the command line or restart the server to pick up changes to the system PATH.
- Instead of overwriting your existing deployment files, deploy the Colectica Portal package to a new location.
- From your old location, copy the
PortalDir\approot\packages\Colectica.Portal\1.0.0\root\appsettings.jsonto the root of your new deployment directory.
- Edit the
Physical Pathof your IIS web site to point to the deployment location. This should no longer end in
wwwrootlike the earlier versions did.
- Restart the IIS site and confirm that you can connect to your site using a web browser.
- Once you confirm everything is working, you may remove your old deployment files.